ACADEMIC CONGRESS 2020
Abstract Submission are Now Open
Consider submission of your best work for poster, video, oral, or podium presentations. The podium presentations will be limited and represent the most impactful research presented at the meeting. Podium presentations will involve publication of a manuscript in Urology, as well as comments and review from the meeting itself.
Submission Deadline: Friday, June 1st at 5:00 pm Eastern
- GURS only accepts electronic abstract submissions via the official abstract submission website.
- GURS membership is not required for abstract submission.
- Word Count limit is 500 words or less excluding title and authors.
- Uploaded images/figures are allowed; however, each image/figure is the same as 100 words.
- Abstracts must be submitted with 4 components: objective, methods, results, and conclusions.
- Podium, Oral, Poster, and Video presentation types will be offered. Your presentation will be given every consideration; however, the final determination of presentation type will be made by the Scientific Review Committee.
- Podium: This format will involve a 12-minute presentation followed by a formal review and audience questions for 8 minutes. If accepted a final paper must be submitted to GURS by Monday September 7th. The paper will be reviewed by the assigned reviewer who will formulate their questions based upon the paper. The paper will be published along with the review and responses to the review as well as audience questions within Urology. Publishing of the paper is not guaranteed and will depend upon editorial decisions at Urology. Failure to provide the paper by the deadline will result in loss of ability to present at GURS academic conference for 2 years for the primary author and the institution of their origin.
- Oral: These presentations will be for 5 minutes followed by 3 minutes of questions.
- Poster: Posters will be selected to be moderated or unmoderated based upon the review of the scientific review committee. Moderated posters will have a 2 minute presentation and 2 minutes of questions.
- Video: Please submit an abstract for video presentations as well as the video file. The video must be under 7 minutes to be considered.
- The following submission categories will be offered, you will need to select the one that best fits your abstract: Urethral Reconstruction or Reconstructive Urology.
- No reference should be made in the abstract to the names or institutions of the authors.
- Disclosures for ALL authors/co-authors is required within the submission form as well as their institutions, city, state, country, etc.
- CV Uploads are required for the Presenting Author Only.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in Urology.
- Announcements of accepted and rejected submissions is planned for early July.
|Registration Type||Early Bird Pricing
On or Before May 31, 2020
|Pricing After May 31, 2020|
2020 GURS ACADEMIC CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
DAY 1 – Monday, October 5, 2020
RESIDENTS/FELLOWS DAY (12:30pm – 5pm)
DAY 2 – Tuesday, October 6, 2020
MALE GENITAL RECONSTRUCTION
- Lymph edema/buried penis/LS surgery/urethra management
- Penile cancer and treatment
- Penile augmentation
- Pathophysiology and treatments for lymphedema
- Treatment considerations of Fournier’s gangrene
UROLOGIC COMPLICATIONS OF PELVIC CANCER THERAPY
- Voiding/fistula/ urethra/ureter
- Sexual dysfunction
- Radiation cystitis
- 2nd malignancy
- Pathophysiology of Radiation Injury
- Treatment of radiation cystitis
DAY 3 – Wednesday, October 7, 2020
GLOBAL HEALTH AND UROLOGY
- Establishing a renewable recon program in developing world
- Local surgeon needs
- Tough stricture management
GENDER AFFIRMATION SURGERY
- Regret (how old is old enough)
- Mental/endocrine management
- Starting a program (North America v Europe)
- Roundtable genital transplant including testis
- Type of phalloplasty
- Primary surgery
- Dealing with urinary complications in men/women
Presentation Formats Include:
Hotel Omni Mont-Royal
Deluxe King Rooms or Single / Double Rooms: $249.00
Deluxe Double/Double Rooms or Single / Double: $249.00
Premier King Rooms or Single/Double: $ 319.00
Premier Double/Double Rooms or Single/ Double: $319.00
Omni Suite: $369.00
September 11, 2020